The Secret of good cooking

Written By Helen Nneka Okpala on Saturday 30 December 2017 | December 30, 2017


There's always a secret of good cooking, some of which are:

1) Timing : it's about timing when to add certain condiments
2) Cooking on low heat: Certain delicacies don't need to be cooked in high, flames.
3) Inheritance: Some people actually inherited cooking skills from their mom or grandmum.  Honestly. They Just wake up and cook good food, no matter how few the ingredients are. Some of these people can actually replicate your cooking by mere phone call description of recipe.
4) Youtube Video downloads. There are lots of cooking recipes online which you can download for free.
5) Following Food Blogs: There are lots of food blogs that one could  follow to get updates on new recipes.  There are talented cooks that get food inspiration on a daily basis.
6). Attending Catering School: If one has the time,  catering school is not a bad idea.  Don't say you are already married and don't see the need to enroll in catering school.  There is this lady that stopped her husband from eating out all the time by simply enrolling in a short course of cooking various Nigerian dishes.  These days,  we even have online catering classes. Most exist on WhatsApp.  There you learn a lot like samosa,  spring rolls,  all small chops.  I learnt how to prepare samosa via a YouTube video.  You too can!

Finally,  do follow my blog and let's make 2018 worth it with delicious and new recipes.  If you wish to have your recipes featured on this blog,  send your detailed step by step recipe with pictures to: helenzfood@gmail.com 

We need your comments above | http://www.helensfood.com
SHARE

About Helen Nneka Okpala

Hello! My name is Helen Nneka Okpala (nee Eke), and you are welcome to my blog. I love cooking food as much as I enjoy the eating. I am Igbo by tribe, and fell in love with cooking when I was in my teens. Meanwhile, I am a graduate of Botany/Library and Information Science, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. You can reach out to me here: helenzfood@gmail.com. Twitter: @helensfood