White Rice and Spicy Vegetable Sauce

Written By Helen Nneka Okpala on Sunday 18 June 2017 | June 18, 2017


I added Spicy to this dish because of the Ose Nsukka (Yellow Pepper or Nsukka Pepper) which I used in addition to other types of pepper. I got my inspiration for this dish one early Sunday morning while preparing for church. I hadn't gone to market previous day, being Saturday and so, I needed to prepare something real quick for my family to eat. I don't know if I have said this before, but I don't like wasting time in the kitchen. I love fast food in the real sense of it. Before I bore you with my loves and disloves, here we go with the recipe:

Ingredients
1. Two cups of white foreign rice.
2. Baked beans
3. Goat meat
4. Two balls of Green Pepper
5. Three balls of yellow pepper
6. Green beans
7. Few Carrots
8. Celery
9. Half teaspoon of driedThyme and Rosemary
10. Soy Sauce
11. One large Onion
12. Four large fresh Derica Tomatoes
13. Fresh Garlic
14. Two cooking spoons of Olive Oil
15. One Knorr Chicken cube and Salt to taste
16. Dried Shallot
17. Avocado for dressing

Procedure
1. Parboil the rice and boil back till done. Set aside.

2. Spice the goat meat and cook till done and the water is almost dried up. Just leave a little stock.
3. To make the sauce, place your frying pan on the burner. When dry, add the olive oil
4. After 1 minute of adding the olive oil, add the chopped fresh garlic and saute for 30 seconds
5. Add the chopped onions and saute alongside the garlic for 3 minutes, then add a little salt.
6. Dice the carrots, green beans, green pepper into long shapes to bring out the vegetable look
7. Add these diced vegetables to the frying pan and stir gently. Add a little of the celery leaves
8. Add the Knorr cube and continue to stir
9. Add half teaspoon of dried thyme and rosemary and continue stirring
10. Add the diced tomatoes, yellow pepper and a little of the dried shallot and stir
11. Add salt to taste, then add about four drops of the dark soy sauce to bind the taste of all the ingredients and add a little of sour taste.
12. Add the boiled meat and the little stock and stir
13. Now, it's done. All you need do is dish out a plate or two of your white rice and add the spicy vegetable sauce on top. You can also add avocado pear, baked beans and few celery leaves on top.

I love the colourful look of this dish. Enjoy yours and ensure to take a snapshot and post back to us.




We need your comments above | http://www.helensfood.com
SHARE

About Helen Nneka Okpala

Hello! My name is Helen Nneka Okpala (nee Eke), and you are welcome to my blog. I love cooking food as much as I enjoy the eating. I am Igbo by tribe, and fell in love with cooking when I was in my teens. Meanwhile, I am a graduate of Botany/Library and Information Science, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. You can reach out to me here: helenzfood@gmail.com. Twitter: @helensfood

0 comments :

Post a Comment