Rice and Stew by Ebuka Onovo

Written By Helen Nneka Okpala on Saturday 4 May 2019 | May 04, 2019


Ebuka Onovo was the Winner of the Upload and Win Competition organised by Helen's Food. The competition ended on 30th April, 2019 and result announced on 1st May, 2019. Here is the recipe of the food prepared by Ebuka Onovo who is a student of University of Nigeria, Nsukka. 

Rice and Stew
Ingredients
Tomatoes
Rice
Pepper
Onion
Seasoning (Kitchen Glory)
Stock cube
Groundnut oil
Onga Spice
Crayfish
Salt



Procedure
1. I parboiled the rice for about 10 minutes and washed with clean water for the third time and added half teaspoon of salt, for the purpose of reducing the efficacy of the preservatives of the polished rice and reducing the starch. 

2. For the stew, I poured the groundnut oil in the hot pot.
3. After one minute, I added the sliced onions and tomatoe paste. 
4. I stirred them in the hot oil till fried.
5. I poured two cups of water in the pot. 
6 After about 5 minutes, I added maggi, salt, cryfish, onga spice and and kitchen glory spices. 
7. I left to cook for about 15 minutes and my stew was ready. 
8. I served with white rice which I garnished with diced tomatoes. 
We need your comments above | http://www.helensfood.com
SHARE

About Helen Nneka Okpala

Hello! My name is Helen Nneka Okpala (nee Eke), and you are welcome to my blog. I love cooking food as much as I enjoy the eating. I am Igbo by tribe, and fell in love with cooking when I was in my teens. Meanwhile, I am a graduate of Botany/Library and Information Science, University of Nigeria, Nsukka. You can reach out to me here: helenzfood@gmail.com. Twitter: @helensfood

0 comments :

Post a Comment